An ever-growing array of malware varieties including ransomware and other cyber threats are threatening users day by day. Malware is the most common reason to damage and infiltrate the devices nowadays. That’s why everyone needs a trustworthy and reliable security and antivirus software.
There are many antivirus software options and providers in the market that may mislead some of the users in selecting the right antivirus software for them. Reviewers reviewed almost all the antivirus software by continually testing and reviewing the privacy, security, recovery solution, and other utilities to enable users to choose the best product for them.
Here we reviewed and compared two well-known antivirus software, i.e., Avira vs. Avast free. If you want to know which one is better, continue reading the article.
Avast antivirus software has a longstanding, and an outstanding reputation in the antivirus market, especially for their free features offered. Avast also has paid version to offer, i.e., Avast Pro, which brings more protection, making it a worth considering to upgrade. The Avast free antivirus software receives top marks from AV tests for malware and virus detection.
It also offers free tools for macOS and Android and security application for iOS that involves a VPN and can watch for unprotected and insecure Wi-Fi networks. Avast provides a Password manager option. You can also turn off avast passwords. Uninstall avast antivirus is also very easy.
You will get additional features from Avast Antivirus Pro such as protection from hijacking your DNS, sandboxing of suspicious data, browser cleanup for malicious extensions and unwanted toolbars, and Wi-Fi check against wireless poaching attacks. Support is available in the form of convenient messaging from the Avast antivirus Pro tool. Read the Avast ultimate review to get more information about Avast antivirus pro software.
Avira Antivirus software not only offers usual malware and virus scans and protection but also provides Home Guard to scan your router and local network for unauthorized devices and vulnerabilities. It also has a Privacy Pal feature to scan your operating system for digital bits that could be utilized in tracking your profile. Other attractive features include a Password manager and Browser plugins that will protect you while surfing the web and many more.
Premium version includes a lot more features such as performance features and a VPN. You need to upgrade to the premium version to access these features. Avira performs and scores well in AV test but fell in terms of its protection and performance. It also offers Avira game mode that is a fantastic feature which suspends unnecessary notifications while playing your favorite games.
Pro’s and Con’s
- Light on the computer or laptop
- Modern and clean user interface
- You can block all unknown programs with hardened mode
- Completely customizable installer. You can choose features to install them
- Loads of components and features to tweak
- Excellent detection ability with supporting secondary elements
- Too many features in both free and paid versions
- Easily configurable and can be set up according to your preferences
- Decent URL filter
- Avast parental control and Avast master password feature available
- The price (which is higher than the average)
- The results from the independent test labs are good but not excellent.
- No Firewall
- No Anti-Spam
- Avira antivirus Free Suite offers more security as compared to many other premium antivirus tools
- Excellent cloud engine and offline engine
- Superior detection for non-zero day threats
- It provides deep file scanning
- Add-on for Opera and Chrome
- Full and fast system Scan
- Avira is top Rating product by AV test
- Low resource usage
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- Avira is associated with lots of pop up ads which slow down the speed of the computer
- The user interface is outdated
- Live chat option is unavailable
- Some scanning details are challenging to find
Avast offers more comprehensive, diverse, and full features set like part of its premium suite. Winner: Avast
- System Performance
Avast performed much better than Avira in both independent performance tests. Winner: Avast
- Malware Protection
In the case of malware detection, Avira performs slightly better than Avast. Avira is good at anti-malware defense as proved by recent independent tests. Winner: Avira
The user interface of Avast is much simpler and more intuitive as compared to Avira’s user interface. Winner: Avast
- Customer Satisfaction
Better Business Bureau (BBB) gave an A+ rating to the Avast while C to the Avira. Winner: Avast
Avira protects more devices with less money as compared to Avast. Winner: Avira
Avira Antivirus is a useful tool that offers a full and fast scan of any laptop or computer and provides full results for removing viruses and malware. Avast antivirus software is easy to use and comes with high-quality spyware/antivirus scan engine with modern tools and top-rated real-time protection, making it one of the best antivirus software. Avast free antivirus software offers the best protection around. The tool is comparable and better than many other competitor premium products in terms of features and detection rates. Avast leaves one main feature out of its free package, i.e., automatic virus definition updates. No doubts it can be done manually, but it is very easy to forget making your computer vulnerable to attacks if left undone. Both software is excellent in terms of protection and security, but if I had to choose one, I would choose Avast. There is no significant difference, but Avast offers total package that is enough to give it the edge here.